Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You Say It Best When You Say Nothing At All

Well, hello there!  I know, I'm sorry.  I've been neglecting you, my beloved blog. Once upon a time (in my first blog post) I promised to write something in you every day.  Eh, so that didn't quite work out.  Se la vie!

The reality is things have been rather hectic these past few months. I moved, started a new job and a new school semester, registered for the GRE (yikes!), revitalized my other blog (Life Beyond Gluten), and (dun, dun, dunnnnn) started a twitter account.  Okay, so the twitter account took about five seconds to create, but everything else has been very time intensive.  I promise!  Anyway, things have gotten a little crazy over here, and by 'over here' I mean in my brain.  I seriously might be losing it.  I just don't have the same chutzpah anymore.

I have two theories as to why my energy/dedication/sanity may be wavering:
  1. I feel completely overwhelmed by the fact that I am going to school AND working AND studying for a test that will ultimately decide whether I get into grad school next year or take a year off to twiddle my thumbs for a while (melodramatic much?).
  2. For the first time in a long time I am living somewhere that I don't hate, that isn't tiny, and that has built in friends, fun, and relaxation.  For the past two years Christopher and I have been cohabiting in a terrifically small studio apartment, which I was more than willing to escape from to work in the school computer labs every available moment.  Now, that extra push of external motivation is gone.  I didn't realize how much of my success was relying on that.
I have a sneaking suspicion that rather than choose one of the two theories to blame for my recent academic and blogging torpor (GRE word alert!), I should just throw my arms in the air and admit that the correct answer is all of the above.  My cup doth overfloweth with crap, yo! 

That having been said, I really do enjoy blogging.  It's relaxing and fun, and provides me with a place to expel my inner thoughts out into the universe. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am going to start blogging more often.  At least once per month, for the love of Pete!

I realize this wasn't much of an update, so I will write more tomorrow.  No really, I will.  Seriously.

Lindsey out!


 

1 comment: