Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Everyday

For no reason whatsoever, despite the fact that I am not at all a fan of the group, I woke up this morning with Dave Matthew's "Everyday" playing over and over in my head. I've been feeling absolutely rejuvenated the past couple of weeks, ever since we got back from Seattle.  Wait, when did that happen?  Maybe it was more like a week and a half ago.

I have to be honest, Seattle as a destination was pretty okay.  The food was good, but the ambiance everywhere felt... How should I put it?  Borrowed.  The whole time we were there all I could do was name the other cities that it reminded me of: San Francisco, Chicago, Asheville, Lincoln, etc. The food was great, the people were as was expected (BTW, the comedian was totally right!), and the company was fantastic.  The trip helped to remind me that I absolutely married the best and only man in the world for me.

As some of you know, the trip to Seattle was sort of a birthday surprise.  I use the word 'surprise' very loosely since Chris told me he was wanting to take me there and then asked me to make all of the hotel and restaurant arrangements for the weekend.  I have to admit, at first I was a little taken aback by the proposition but Chris new exactly what he was doing.  He knows that I love the planning almost as much (or more) than the actual trip.

There's a kind of thrill that I get from making a decision and seeing it go well. Maybe everyone else feels that way, I don't know. Before we left, I created a bookmarks folder full of restaurants and places to visit.  I can say, with a strong sense of accomplishment, that 80% of the plans worked out brilliantly! We may not have visited the Space Needle (sorry Mitch), but we did have one of the best meals of my life at the Tin Table restaurant. Seriously, Chris and I ate through literally half of the menu as we sat and talked for hours. I also highly recommend The Pink Door (awesome italian food and burlesque shows), Cafe Flora (best breakfast I've had in a long time), and the Experience Music Project museum.

Anyway, suffice it to say we had a fantastic trip! I knew that I needed to get away, but I didn't realize how much my body and mind needed that reboot. I feel completely recharged and ready for the next phase of life. Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Seattle is on my list of cities to visit someday. I've heard Washington State is really beautiful.

    Now I know we are related cause I love the planning process of vacations too LOL, although it can be quite stressful when plans fall through at the last minute or changes have to be made. My boyfriend doesn't bother with the planning. He just wants to know when, and how much it will cost him. ;) Although I admit, I don't go as far as you and plan the restaurants too, BUT that is a good idea.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! We did have a great time, and Washington is rather pretty, but it doesn't hold a candle to Oregon. That's funny what you said about also loving the planning part but not really including restaurants. When I vacation, where and how we travel revolves 90% around the food. I don't know why that is, but I've always been obsessed with the culinary aspects of different areas. Like, when I went to Chicago six years ago I didn't go to any museums or tourist attractions... I only really planned to have a Chicago-style pizza, Chicago hot dogs, and European food. I know what you're thinking: "Geez, girl! Obsessed much?!" Yes, yes I am.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete