Monday, September 26, 2011

Hazy Shade of Winter

If there's one thing that visiting Florida always reminds me of, it's my overwhelming hatred of hot, sticky weather. Holy Jeebus, was it ever hot there this weekend! It was actually 93 degrees with 60% humidity yesterday. Yuck! It never ceases to amaze me how much people in Portland complain about the weather there: how it's too rainy and cold most of the year. I will take 60 degrees and drizzly over 90 degrees and torrential downpour any day.

I was supposed to fly back to Portland yesterday and start grad school this morning, but due to some technical issues my flight was cancelled and I was forced to leave today instead. So, here I sit, crammed into the window seat of my airplane next to a seven-foot tall basketball player who won't stop squirming long enough for me to get comfortable (and he's totally hogging the arm rest!). It's funny, yesterday when my dad was driving me to the airport I told him that I didn't want to start school the next day. I said, "all I need is one more day off before I start. That would be perfect." Well, I guess the moral of the story is to be careful what you wish for, huh?

Soon I will be home again, and it can't get here quick enough. Facebook updates have informed me that Fall has come to Portland already. How exciting! I've been dreaming of cool weather, pumpkins, and hot tea all weekend. Looks like I'll get my fix sooner than expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment