Thursday, October 8, 2009

You Light Up My Life

I'm having a love affair, and I don't even feel guilty about it. My heart fills with joy and satisfaction every time the thought of this 'other' drifts into my mind. I can't even pass a store without secretly craving another rendezvous. Who is this mysterious third party? Angelina's White Rice Sandwich Bread.

As one of the "unfortunate" gluten-intolerant citizens of the world, I will be the first to admit that a delicious bread is hard to come by. And one that doesn't turn rock-hard overnight... impossible. Angelina's defies all of the typical GF bread stereotypes. It is deliciously moist, survives for weeks in the refrigerator, and, when toasted with butter, closely resembles my grandmother's pound cake.

Unfortunately for those of you who don't live in the NW, Angelina's bakery is still a locally-distributed item. However, it can be shipped nationwide for the low price of $36/case, which translates to $6.50/loaf. In addition, the bakery offers scones, cookies, and various other baked delights. If you get the chance and inclination, you should absolutely try this brand. Adultery never tasted so good.

1 comment: